Centrepieces works closely with local partners and organisations. Here are some of the exciting things that are taking place:
- Following Centrepieces’ successful Art Auction in the partly refurbished Erith Exchange (Old Carnegie Library), we met with tutors and students at the LSEC Bexley Campus to discuss ideas for a joint project. Centrepieces artist and tutor Merissa Hylton has now started to mentor students on a course project.
- Centrepieces is based in the grounds of Hall Place, a historic house with extensive gardens and a full programme of events.. Visit www.hallplace.org.uk for information about Hall Place and all its events.
- The Exchange is a social enterprise set up to find a new and sustainable future for Erith’s Old Library. Building on the Library’s past purpose as ‘centre for learning and advancement’, and drawing on the views of local residents collected through consultation, it works with the local community to use culture, arts and heritage to creatively and collaboratively reimagine the town. Go to www.theexchangeerith.com for full details of activities and events.
- Centrepieces artist Mark Harrison is currently exhibiting his work in the waiting room at Bexleyheath railway station, as part of a programme of rotating exhibitions by Centrepieces artists.
- Two of our tutors visited a Year 8 class at Bexley Grammar School as part of a competition in which the classes were promoting different charities. As a result our class produced a video, raising over £100 for Centrepieces initially and then £1000 as competition winners ! Well done everyone and a big thanks to the Y8 pupils.