You can join Centrepieces as an artist or as someone who wishes to practice art. This is primarily an opportunity for people who have direct experience of mental ill health themselves, or through contact as a carer or family member, but membership is also open to those who have an interest in or empathy towards mental health and art.
The benefits of joining Centrepieces:
- Improve your artistic skills and ability
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Opportunities to exhibit and sell your artwork
- Receive regular newsletters about workshops, courses and events
- Participate in helping others to develop as artists
- Participate in other volunteering roles within the project, such as administration, finance and fundraising, setting up exhibitions and events, helping to run The Lodge and managing projects
The cost of membership is £30 per year. There may be additional small charges for workshops and courses to cover the cost of materials and tuition.
To apply, you can either print, complete and return our Application Form phone 01322 554589 or email email@example.com.
Click here for our Centrepieces Info leaflet.
New applicants will be asked to come to The Lodge for a short interview, so that we can make sure that Centrepieces is right for you before you join.
It is possible to become a member of Centrepieces’ Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with voting and other rights as specified in Centrepieces’ constitution, but without use of our art resources. Most CIO members are already involved in Centrepieces in some other capacity either as an artist or volunteer.
Becoming a Friend of Centrepieces entitles you to regular updates and information about Centrepieces exhibitions and other events.
Please contact us by phone or email if you are interested in becoming a CIO member or a Friend.